Verona is home to one of the most famous love stories in history – Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, so why not make it home to your love story too? This city offers all the romance a bride and groom could ask for their destination wedding in Italy with so many outstanding wedding venues in the Bestweddingaway portfolio which one will you choose?
Verona – Italy – The Central Palace
This magnificent palace is a hidden treasure for destination weddings in the beautiful and romantic city of Verona.
Located down a small street just a stone’s throw from Verona’s magnificent amphitheatre, it is so well hidden that passersby will walk past without realising what exactly lies behind the prestigious heavy wooden doors. Once opened the doors lead onto a ground floor terrace from which if you walk down the grand stone steps you will arrive in the secret garden, a magical and lush green oasis in the centre of Verona. The garden is beautifully kept and is home to numerous tortoises who can be quite shy when it comes to large wedding groups, however, they can be tempted out with the promise of vegetable to nibble at! Inside the Palace is just as breathtaking, with many of the rooms decorated will incredible frescoes and filled with antiques. The dramatic staircase up to the ‘piano nobile’ (first floor) is adorned with more frescoes making it a very grand entrance to a beautiful wedding villa.
The garden makes a wonderful location for an outside wedding ceremony. If you choose to have your wedding breakfast inside the palace then the large frescoed dining room is ideal for grand wedding receptions by candlelight, with it’s large candelabras and sophisticated furnishings creating a magical atmosphere. The many side rooms in the Palace offer you the possibility of creating seperate corners to house aperitif’s, dessert treats and cheese buffets. When you are ready for the entertainment there is a room in the basement, previously used a ‘cantina’ (cellar), where a band or DJ can entertain your guests late into the night. This cantina can be furnished with sofas offering you a lounge area for those guests wanting to have a rest from dancing! This location offers you everything you could want from your destination wedding, a magical palace in a beautiful city. A perfect choice for your wedding in Verona!
What you need to know:
- It is possible to celebrate a civil ceremony and wedding reception at this location (please see our news page for more information).
- This venue can hold wedding receptions from 40 to 120 people
- There is no accommodation at this location, however, due to its central position it is close to many top hotels which are to be found in the centre of Verona
- Music is possible at this location in the cantina (rustic wine cellar) at the venue until late into the evening
- As in many historical and ancient palaces it is not possible to dance on the ‘noble floor’ (first floor).
- There is guaranteed exclusivity of the venue for the full period hire
- As this location does not have internal catering there will be separate catering and hire fees